Tuesday 19 February 2013

LEGAL


So, I've now been 18 for 3 days. Has it been eventful? Well, besides the cliche'd buying my first drink in a bar and going clubbing (which I would love to forget all together) - I haven't really achieved that much as an adult.

Before my birthday, I was so focused on finally being able to legally drink and go out to clubs, I failed to see the huge amount of responsibility that came attached with this momentous age. I now have to contribute my opinion on whom should run my country (woo hoo, 8 months of slander and debate to listen to), make sure I follow the law because I can be sent to actual jail, and have to start paying taxes. The list could go on really, and frankly that scares me to no end!

It's not all bad though. There are a lot of exciting things to look forward to now that I am legally considered an adult and (legally) mature enough to make my own decisions.

Whilst I continue having an early-adult crisis, I'll tell you a little bit more about the actual day. In the afternoon, I had about 45 friends and family over for drinks and finger food. I had an amazing time, and received some lovely gifts - my favourites being a Nikon D3100 from my family, a voucher to buy concert tickets and a small bottle of Moet and Chandon Champagne.

After this, I went clubbing with some friends in Manly... and I'd rather not eternalise the events that followed on the internet where future employers/the human race may see and judge.

How did you celebrate your 18th birthday?

Until next time,
Jess

2 comments:

  1. ah happy birthday for three days ago! sounds like you had a lovely day!!!
    and i worried about all that stuff too, but so far i've been able to forget about all the responsibilities for the most part :')
    i celebrated my 18th while i was on holiday.. with awful sunburn. and it was a sunday so nowhere was really open, it was a lovely day though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! i really did, but learnt a valuable lesson about going to clubs haha!
      i have a feeling i will stop worrying about it all, when i have other things to preoccupy myself with :D
      oh man... sun burn is the worst, especially on your birthday!

      Delete